Transitional — 2015 was transitional.
My husband and I got settled into a new house. We went on new adventures. I started a job that I thought was just a job, but turned out to be something much more than that. I enrolled in school again. I feel that everything that happened this past year was leading me to something even better.
I am ready for the fresh start that a new year offers. It’s so full of hope and the opportunity to wipe the slate clean. For instance, I am writing this post from my new laptop, which I have vowed to keep organized, updated and clean, unlike my poor Molly the Macbook who I have abused for nearly 10 years. Molly 2.0 will be better, faster, stronger.
With that being said, I have reviewed my goals from last year, and surprisingly, I didn’t do as poorly as I thought. Even though I didn’t completely get through some of these, I definitely took some steps toward those goals, so that feels good.
This year, I decided to set my goals up a little differently. Late on Christmas night, my husband and I were up talking to one of our oldest friends and we were discussing Kyle’s 30 before 30 list. I think instead of having New Year’s resolutions, I’m going to go ahead and begin working toward my 30 before 30 goals. Each year around both the new year and my birthday, I’ll be able to review the list and hopefully check some off each time. I will turn 30 on September 25, 2018, so I have almost exactly 33 months to complete my list. In no particular order, here we go!
1. Buy an airstream.
2. Start a shop.
3. Start a magazine with Kyle.
4. Turn my blog into a business.
5. Start a YouTube channel.
6. Run in another half marathon.
7. Be able to hold an inversion.
8. Travel to another country with Kyle.
9. Go to a music festival.
10. Host an outdoor dinner party.
11. Go on an overnight hiking trip.
12. Go camping.
13. Travel somewhere alone.
14. Volunteer somewhere.
15. Take a cross-country road trip.
16. Take an art class of some kind.
17. Go on a yoga retreat. Wild Spirit Yoga Camp, Summer 2016
18. Get my teaching license.
19. Read the Rory Gilmore book list.
20. Finish reading through the whole Bible.
21. Get something published.
22. Take a train somewhere.
23. Go out dancing like when I was in college.
24. Hike the Appalachian Trail, or at least some of it.
25. Finish decorating our house.
26. Get a tattoo.
27. Upgrade my camera equipment.
28. Perfect my wardrobe.
29. Get a dog.
30. Take a trip with my girlfriends.
I’m also going to try to start setting aside a few minutes every morning to get on my mat for some yoga and read my Bible app (I really got out of the habit and need to get back into it). And of course, I want to do the usual things that I want to do after all the chaotic holidays and at the start of a new year — get back on track with healthy eating, get more sleep, exercise more. But more than any of that, I’m looking forward to what’s going to happen here on this blog. I hope you’ll join me! May 2016 be exciting, happy and healthy.
Do you have a resolutions list? Or a bucket list of any kind? Share in the comments below!